- Automotive and Marine Assets
- Business Services
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Property
- Company and Commercial
- Construction and Building Disputes
- Employment Solutions
- Equine & Animal Law
- Equity Release and Wealth Management
- Financial Investment Services
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Property Disputes
- Residential Property Services
Areas of Expertise
As part of the Assets and Business Services department Tristan acts for a wide range of small and medium size enterprises, as well a number of high net worth individuals.
He frequently advises clients in relation to regulatory matters, company law, commercial property transactions as well as employment law and complex litigation.
As part of his professional negligence practice Tristan has a keen interest in solicitor client disputes, in particular matters relatinng to costs and enforceability of retainers.
- Advising an insurance intermediary in a multi-million pound claim for breach of contract, breach of trust and fraud;
- Advising a client in a £250k professional negligence claim against his former solicitors;
- Advising various professionals in relation to professional negligence claims with a value up to £4m;
- Advising a senior bank employee in relation to a claim for unfair dismissal resulting in a six figure settlement;
- Advising a commercial tenant in relation to a Landlord’s unreasonably withheld consent to sublet;
- Advising a client in relation to the restoration of a company subject to a compulsory liquidation order;
- Representing a prominent figure in his successful defence of a claim for defamation.
“I first approached a large established firm in Cardiff who said there was no basis to proceed ... Tristan identified irregularities that nobody else had spotted resulting in a successful recovery” (2012)
“I would like to congratulate Tristan for completely outclassing the first law firm that I approached” (2012)
Rugby (plays for Cardiff Lawyers XV), cars and motorsport track days, collects guitars and signed memorabilia, wakeboarding, flying.