Head of Employment Law
LLB with Economics Swansea University
University of Glamorgan Law School (2002)
Trained: Dolmans Solicitors
Areas of Expertise
As part of the Business Services and Litigation division Tristan acts for a wide range of small and medium size enterprises, as well a number of high net worth individuals. The majority of Tristan’s instructions relate to commercial, property disputes and professional negligence.
He also frequently advises clients in relation to regulatory matters, company law, commercial and property transactions as well as employment law and defamation.
Tristan is head of the Hutton’s employment law department and provides advice and representation in both contentious and non-contentious matters for Hutton's commercial clients.
- Advising an insurance intermediary in a multi-million pound claim for breach of contract, breach of trust and fraud;
- Advising various professionals in relation to professional negligence claims with a value up to £4m;
- Advising a senior bank employee in relation to a claim for unfair dismissal resulting in a six figure settlement;
- Advising a commercial tenant in relation to a Landlord’s unreasonably withheld consent to sublet;
- Advising a client in relation to the restoration of a company subject to a compulsory liquidation order;
- Representing a prominent figure in his defence of a claim for defamation.
“I first approached a large established firm in Cardiff who said there was no basis to proceed ... Tristan identified irregularities that nobody else had spotted resulting in a successful recovery” (2012)
“I would like to congratulate Tristan for completely outclassing the first law firm that I approached” (2012)
“highly recommend your services to friends we have been very pleased with your conduct and enjoy your personnel enthusiasm despite the awkwardness of the case” (2011)
Rugby (plays for Cardiff Lawyers XV), cars and motorsport track days, collects guitars and signed memorabilia, wakeboarding, flying.